Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Etcetera

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. I had ONE New Year's resolution (well, a few but they were all towards one main purpose) and I haven't been keeping it. I just haven't had that much time to sew. I was able to make a few bibs and another purse (using the same pattern as my last one), but of course, I haven't taken any pictures of them.

I do, however, have a pic of a gift I made a few weeks ago (with E's help since we were pressed for time - hence the non-so-straight stitching) for my sister-in-law's new baby boy, who was actually just born a few days ago. It's a blanket and bib set made with Hoffman's "To the Rescue" flannel. I love the geometric pattern and actually just purchased the same fabric in another colorway to make another blanket for Littlefoot (or maybe some pants or bibs or burp cloths....we'll see).



The set is sitting on top of the blanket I made for Littlefoot. I made this blanket the exact same way, using natural flannel cotton for the backing and no batting in the middle.

I've also been building up my fabric stash. It gets expensive, for sure, but I've been trying to purchase only clearance/sale fabric. I could always go to Jo-Ann's and buy the cheapest stuff they have, but then half my inspiration would be out the window. I just can't get enough of all the beautiful prints I find online and in stores. I could spend all day just looking and imagining all the things I want to make. I lay awake at night, trying to plan out my next project. It's pretty crazy. I think the excitement of it all will fade a bit once I actually start sewing more often. I just need to get all these ideas out of my system.

tic




No comments:

Post a Comment